Drug Target Review – Issue 4 2018
In this issue: Omics-informed drug target discovery in combating emerging infectious diseases, measuring intracellular ATP levels to access compound-mediated cellular toxicity, and turning organoids into physiologically relevant high-content assays for drug discovery.
In this issue:
- UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: Under the microscope: CROs and microplate reader requirements
- APPLICATION NOTE: Automated cell transfection and reporter gene assays
- IN-DEPTH FOCUS: Screening
- ORGANOIDS: Beyond ‘simple’ biology – turning organoids, spheroids, and 3D tissue models into physiologically relevant high-content assays for drug discovery
Matthias Nees and Malin Åkerfelt, University of Turku, Finland
- GPCR: New frontiers in G protein-coupled receptor drug discovery
Christopher J. Langmead, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MIPS)
- IN-DEPTH FOCUS: Hit-to-lead
- APPLICATION NOTE: Direct measurements of cellular metabolism for identification
of mitochondrial drug targets
- IN-DEPTH FOCUS: Targets
- PROTEOMICS: Proteomics: cracking the molecular mystery of diseases and therapeutics
Anowarul Amin, National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), NIH – Bethesda, MD
- SUPPLEMENT: Application notes
With contributions from Eppendorf, IDBS, Intellicyt, Sciex and ThermoFisher Scientific.
Issue 4 of Drug Target Review is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!